Family cutbacks

baconore

What cutbacks have your family made with the rising price of gas? I know we go out a lot less. I wonder how long until the price increase hits the grocery shelves.

Clay

We do not go out as much, either. When we have to run errands, we try to fit everything in on that day, so we do not have to make extra trips. I hate to see groceries go up in price, any more. Peanut butter is a favorite food around my house, and it is already five bucks a jar here.

Bear

Same here Clay. We have stopped going out completely, and while last summer we went on an adventure every weekend we will probably have to cut down to one a month now.

Godric

I'm the same with both clay and bear, the cut backs I did was mostly one the going out part. In this economy, it's just not possible to enjoy by going out. We mostly eat at home then go to the park or movies after to save money.

Victor Leigh

Not much to cut back in the way of gas usage because not using that much at all. Still, doing a bit more walking than usual.

Kina

I can not cut back ion the amount of gas I use because I do not do any unnecessary driving. I just cut back i other places. In the past year I have cut $240 dollars a month out of my budget, so I can break even in gas.

meowcow

Food is the last thing we try to save on. As much as possible, we always have a nice meal with the family, even when things aren't going so well. We mostly just cut back on gas and travels and also electricity by turning off lights more and shutting off the air conditioning a lot more when we find ourselves a little over budget.

Bear

We have been fortunate that we have not had to turn the air conditioner on yet, but I dread going to the grocery store every week. Seems like each week there is a price increase on more and more items. My wife won't just come out and say it, but I know she has been eating less and less to make sure that there is enough for the kids and for my lunches at work. Unfortunately there is nothing else we can cut out. Hopefully our garden will do well and that will take a little pressure off of the food budget.

Andersson

So far the only thing we have really changed is when and how we shop or travel. We are not burning the gas in the car just to go on a joyride and even at my age we still like to hop in the car and see where the road leads us to.