Family pet.

Zimmer

I love dogs and quite recently we've acquired one under the pretense that it would be a good way to teach our youngest responsibility. In all honesty it did. Has it turned out the same way in your family, or were you stuck with the responsibility?

stewy

We acquired our dog when the girls were still very young, so we always knew that they wouldn't have much responsibility for him. They were given guinea pigs a little while ago though and, according to my wife, they aren't looking after them, so I fear the guinea pigs will soon be given to someone else!

Sinbian

A kid is a kid. It will learn if you are willing to teach it. The same was with our family. Our kids love pets and take care of them regularly.

Andersson

It took a little while but our kids eventually got the hang of it. It really picked up for our oldest when my wife was pregnant with our second child. By then we had one cat and one dog, I took over for the dog to help out and the kid got the kitty box duty.

polamalu43

My kids have always been great with our pets. We all have the responsibility of taking care of them. We take turns going on walks, feeding and brushing them. We all love to play with them.