Father Drama

Victor

My wife's friend just had a baby last week and complained that the father is not being supportive. When I asked her what she meant, she said he complained that she whined all the time and he was tired of it. Meanwhile she is dealing with mastitis, latching issues, baby's jaundice, and general postpartum soreness. I won't get involved, of course, but I am shaking my head at the dad. I know a new baby is a stressful time, but I think he could be a bit nicer to her.

It probably doesn't help that they just moved in together a month ago.

Timothy

Some guys are just oblivious. When I see women struggling to do everything alone and it reminds me of how my mom had to do it all alone, it really makes me mad. Some guys out there just don't deserve to have children!

BigPapa

I would shake my head as well Victor. Maybe they should have discussed everything involved in having a new baby before they had a new baby. I feel bad for mothers who are essentially single after they have babies.

polamalu43

I would also shake my head. I hope he "grows up" fast, that is what it sounds like the problem is. I hope the baby gets healthy soon! It's tough being a new mom and having an a supportive partner makes it easier - she doesn't have this.

Victor

Yes, I hope he gets it together soon and becomes more supportive. She's been texting my wife like crazy for breastfeeding advice; you can tell she is really stressed.

On The Mark

How old are they? Or more to the point, how young are they? They sound like they're not ready to have kids and, in the long run, that's just going to hurt the kids more than anyone else.