Father's Day vacation

John

The wife has scheduled a vacation over Father's Day for us. I'm wondering what she's up to. Does your wife ever take over some of your yearly calendar and sneak a plan or two in that she doesn't run by you?

On The Mark

Mine never did. It was always up to me to make the plans. Fathers Day to me means I want to spend extra time with my daughter. She's my vacation from the grown-up world.

polamalu43

Sweet! My wife does make plans for us. Most times it is just for the two of us. When we go as a family we all plan it. I hope you are doing something fun!

Victor

No, we plan everything together. We aren't particularly good at keeping secrets from each other. My Christmas gift to my wife this year was a complete surprise (instead of picking from a list) and it about killed me to keep from telling her.

John

Usually, it's the kids who kick in and decide what they want to do on our vacations. If we can afford it, we do it. If money is tight, we do something as close to what they want. This time, I'm thinking she's planning something she knows I will like.

Zimmer

Sometimes she does, but mostly we plan stuff together. This is because she doesn't like surprises, it's a quirk of hers I learned to live with.

Timothy

We plan together. There's no way she could plan a vacation and not tell me, because I would have to request time off from work just to take said vacation. Once she told me to request the time off, I'd bug her to tell me why until she finally did. ;)