Favorite cooking method

Mel

There are many ways to prepare food. Do you have a favorite method? I love to stir-fry. You get everything ready and then start adding things to the pan to cook it all very quickly, which is kind of exciting.

Timothy

I don't like to stir-fry because I hate standing over the stove. I used to wonder what my mom always complained about, until I grew up, got married, and had to help my wife cook! I prefer grilling, because I love to be outside. If I can't be outside grilling, my next favorite cooking method is the Crockpot.

Victor

My wife does most of the cooking, which is great! When I do cook, I like dishes I can bake. Preparing everything and throwing it all in the oven so you can then walk away is great.

Endalia

Slow cooking is the bomb! I don't know how anyone got through without a slow cooker. I just toss something in it while we are getting ready for the day and then turn it on. When we get ready for dinner that evening, it's ready. Maybe make a side salad and bread and bingo! Dinner's ready.

Andersson

When it comes to baking I figure I can never mess that up, in my lifetime so far I have only had one baking issue and the bread came out flatter than plywood. Stove top is okay too but some stuff I can still manage to burn at my age. Stir fry is great, it is what we are having for dinner tonight too!

Salazar

I am one of those Grill Master type of guys. I don't mind being in the kitchen, but grilling is where I make my best masterpieces. The only thing I avoid at all cost is baking. My wife says I'd be good at it because it requires exact measurements and I'm a perfectionist like that, but things like cookies and cakes make me nervous.

Victor

Oh, you shouldn't be nervous, Salazar. Baking is easier than grilling. I'm not even any more particular with my measurements than when I cook and things still turn out.

Michael

We like grilling outside. We don't do it nearly enough. The oven is always good, and most things taste better cooked in the oven than in the microwave. Still, grilling out is the best.

Don

I like to grill outside. If I am cooking inside, however, I like to fix something that I can just stick in the oven and forget about until the timer goes off.

Bear

I like cooking all kinds of ways but my favorites are probably grilling and sauteing. My wife is a big fan of the slow cooker though.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Cooking outdoors over a flame. Grill, BBQ, open fire, dutch ovens and all that jazz.

Lorenzo

I'm the unofficial master chef in the house, so any cooking method is fine with me. Right now, I've been experimenting with the oven making steaks, ribs, and sauteed chicken.