Female Role Model

2andalone

As a single father I am struggling with finding a positive role model for my girls. It's tough finding somebody that they can look up to and I feel like it's good for them to have a positive female in their lives. Any suggestions?

stayathomepaul

I am sorry to hear that. I know there are other fathers in the same situation as you. Do you have any sisters or female friends who might be able to fill the role for a while?

Independent

As a single dad I can commiserate with you. I have also have a struggle with finding a good female role model. Sure some women might do it for a short time, but they eventually stop because they have their own lives to live. Then my daughters feel abandoned again. I too am at a loss.

bighelp

Do not look towards the TV that is for sure. Last night I was catching a news feed that ran through and the "ladies" that teens are looking up to now are worst than in my day thats for sure.

the saint

Take a look around you. There maybe is someone in the neighborhood who could be a good role model for your girls. But the best one would be your mom, an aunt or your sister.

Greendad

I am sorry to hear that. Is there no family member or relative who can be a good role model for your daughters? What about their female teachers at school or Sunday school?