Finding a new someone

BoyOBoy

New Years has been mighty lonely. I would like to start dating again. At my age, I don't know how to start. My kids are grown, but they bring the grandkids for me to keep. They also depend on me for cleaning up after them, even if they are grown. It's time for me to start looking for some female companionship. I welcome any and all advice. I'm a redneck country boy through and through.

TwinPeaks

I just wanted to give you my support in your quest for that special someone, but I don't have any practical advice on where to begin, sorry.

bighelp

Your kids need to understand that you are a person too, not just a grand parent. Have you sat down and talked to them about their responsibilities as a parent and your life as your own life, not their babysitter?

James

New Years has been mighty lonely. I would like to start dating again. At my age, I don't know how to start. My kids are grown, but they bring the grandkids for me to keep. They also depend on me for cleaning up after them, even if they are grown. It's time for me to start looking for some female companionship. I welcome any and all advice. I'm a redneck country boy through and through.
BoyOBoy, have you considered looking for a friend at work? What about church, if you attend? Do you have any hobbies that both men and women congregate in? (Like working out at the gym, for example.) If you don't often find yourself in social situations involving women, have you given any thought to online dating?

Howard

You help your kids out all the time with all kinds of issues. Maybe your kids could offer you some help on this one. Ask them if they know any ladies that might be good for you to spend time with.

Mohidad

Good advice. You deserve to get help from your children, after what you have been doing for them. Anyway, like the other said, I think you can met nice ladies in church.

BoyOBoy

Church would be a good place to start if I found a new church, I guess. I don't think I want to go out with anyone my kids could pick. They haven't made the best choices at times. I have asked some of my friends to find someone for me, but they think I'm joking. I'll just keep my eyes open. I do have one friend who invites me to these singing nights. Maybe I'll take him up on it. I can't sing into those microphones though.