First child scares?

Davidson

I remmeber that when me and my wife were having our first baby, we would freak out over anything and everything and seems like a lot of new parents are the same. Were/are you like that?

Alexander

Taking care of another life is a big responsibility and most of us tend to get a bit scared, but as time goes by we all get accustomed to the idea, that we are parents and from now on we have to do our best to raise our children and that we can't protect them from everything.

Dan

Definitely-especially after he was diagnosed with asthma. We'd end up at the ER every other month because we'd freak over chest congestion. By the third kid (with asthma) we'd just calmly grab the nebulizer and put in a cartoon for them to watch while they used it.

erin

I wish they'd quit doing all those commercials on birth defects. It's really the last thing I want to see and they freak me out. Anyone with a brain knows that going to the doctor for regular checkups and taking what they tell you is important and if you're too lazy to do that commercials aren't going to change your mind.

benben

Yeah, I remember when my first child swallowed a penny, and what a big deal we made of it. Our second child swallowed a bead and we were cautious. Our third child swallowed a quarter and we just waited for it to pass and put it back in his piggy bank.