Flash cards

Glenn

When do you think it's time for flash cards? My wife and I were discussing this last night and she thought maybe some simple ones for the alphabet and numbers would be appropriate now (our daughter is one). I just don't know. One seems a little young to me.

DaddyBob

When do you think it's time for flash cards? My wife and I were discussing this last night and she thought maybe some simple ones for the alphabet and numbers would be appropriate now (our daughter is one). I just don't know. One seems a little young to me.
Do no underestimate the little ones! My son was able to recognize his grandfather's picture in the newspaper (article about him getting a reward) when he was SEVEN months old. He did not speak but he pointed it out. There is already recognition.

Kenny

Oh, absolutely go for it. My wife has been doing this for awhile now and honestly our hallway, living room, and daughter's room look kind of like a daycare but she is already starting to recognize animals and the sounds they make, colors, and numbers.

papabear

You have to play something like this by ear. Every child is different and learns at his/her own pace. Only you can tell if they're ready in my opinion.

Glenn

Well, I guess we could introduce and if she doesn't take an interest or pick up too quickly it's no big deal. I've put some more thought into this and I think the alphabet, numbers, and colors would be good for her.