Friends Who Dont Respect The Ex

dirtyharry

My Ex and I are very good friends and get along really well. We just weren't good for each other married. Since we split up my friends kind of assume that we hate one another and make negative comments about her around me. It's making me mad because my wife didn't do anything to them (or me for that matter) to deserve their animosity. I'm already not speaking to one friend over it, and other family and friends have called us "weird" because we are being nice to each other and still get along. They expect me to hate her and I don't.

Bishop

Maybe you should be telling them that, people automatically assume that the relationship ended on bad terms, but if you clear the air and say that you are on good turns, the negative comments will definitely stop.

dirtyharry

I hope so Bishop. Like I said, some of the family thinks we're weird because we still hang out. This weekend she hosted a slumber party for about 10 kids. My girlfriend and I stopped over with the pizza and we ended up sitting on the deck with my Ex and her fiancee until late at night. We had a nice time and my kids were thrilled that my girlfriend and I were there. My sister told me I was nuts and said I'm being "too nice."