Friends with dads or non dads?

Davidson

Do you prefer your friends be dads or that they not have children of their own? I prefer the latter since it seems that dads usually try to prove that their child is the best, which gets really old really fast.

Bishop

I think it really depends on the person, some people tend to have an inferiority complex and they want to prove themselves through any which way possible, stay away from insecure people and you should be fine.

OrionH

I don't care if my friends are dads or not. The nice thing about friends that aren't dads is that they still have that youthful zest and carefree attitude which I think rubs off on me.

NoobDad

I am the last of my friends to have kids. All of my friends already have children, and it has been hard to keep the friendship alive. Now that I am having a kid it seems like I finally get to be part of the club.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I would rather have quality friends then to be friends with someone if they have a kid or not.

Dan

A lot of the guys I work with are just starting families so I'd rather be friends (if they're from work) with the guys that already have kids. The last thing I want to do on my free time, which I almost never get, is give advice or be thought of as a father mentor.