Fringe

Timothy

I doubt that this is a "new" TV show by any means, since there are about 100 episodes of it already on Netflix, but we are just now getting around to watching it. We watched the first episode last night and at an hour and twenty minutes long, it was more like a movie than a pilot for a TV show! It was really good, though; you guys should check it out if you haven't already. ;)

yabadoo

I watched part of the first episode on Netflix and could not stick with it. It came highly recommended but it was a dud in my opinion. An hour and twenty minute pilot is a little bit egregious don't you think?

Timothy

Actually, no, I didn't find it to be egregious; that's why I recommended it. I rather like long pilots; they allow for more time to introduce more characters or explain the premise of a new show in more depth.

Andersson

We watched it when it was live. I kind of miss the show and lately in other shows we keep hearing the world "fringe" and it always makes me think they should do a spin-off.

BigPapa

I watched the first couple of seasons of this show, but then I lost interest. It was a lot like X Files. I might have to see about catching up on the other seasons on Netflix.