Gallbladder Pain

Clay

When my wife was pregnant with our last child, she had these strange pains. The doctor sent her for an ultrasound or something, and they found out she had gallbladder problems. She was too far along in the pregnancy to have surgery, so the doctor said she should get it checked out again later. Well my wife had those pains off and on, especially when she had eaten fried or spicy foods. Her doctor said to stay away from those foods. Everything seemed fine for a long time and now her gallbladder is acting up again. Is this something she really needs to have surgery for or is there another way to work it out?

Bear

She will probably have to have the surgery or it will just get worse. When I was in school a friend's mom ignored her gallbladder pain and it very nearly killed her.

Clay

Thank you for the information! I did not realize it was something that could kill you. I am going to tell my wife get an appointment with a doctor soon!

Bobby

My wife went through the same thing. She's eat spicy or rich foods and pay the price with intense pain. She had an ultrasound done to figure out exactly what was causing the problem. It was her gallbladder. Her doctor said she should schedule surgery as soon as possible which she did. Have your wife get an ultrasound so she knows for sure.

Bear

I believe the issue is that they can become so inflamed it could rupture kind of like the appendix does, and when that happens massive amounts of toxins get in the bloodstream.