Gas prices and staying at home

Don

My reasons for staying home have less to do with gas or anything that relates to budgeting or saving money. I stay home to work on my own business. I want control over my finances, so I can come and go as I please without concern for a boss, or for bills.
Same here. My wife made a remark that she thought I was happier when I worked for someone else. I think she forgot about how I use to come home and just want to stay locked away in my study. I hated my job that much. I'm much more at ease controlling my time and when I do what.

joeldgreat

Gas prices almost affects everything in life. From the basic commodities up to my kids tuition fees. Therefore, I see to it that my kids knows what are these effects. For example, we have a habit of going out every weekend and dine on a restaurant. But because of the high prices of gas, we now limit it to once or twice a month. And I see to it that my kids knows the reason behind this. If they wanted to go out, then it means that they too should contribute to it. Like decreasing their allowances for the next week. And because they know all about the effect, then they too become contented and simply wait for the scheduled day-out.