Getting Involved In Children's Sports

Daffy

When I was raising my kids, we did all of the children's sports. Of course we had baseball, football and basketball. At that time there was no soccer, but both boys were in all three at one time or another and our daughter was in baseball and basketball on the girls teams since they did segregate then. We were busy but we did things as a family and we loved it. Do you do sports with your children?

JamesMichael

I'm an active father in terms of sports. I'm the one who taught my son to play basketball, dart and table tennis. As a matter of fact, I have trophy at home when we won the father and son table tennis competition in our town. This weekend we will play basketball in preparation for the incoming town fiesta.

Daffy

That's pretty cool JamesMichael. I loved going with the kids to their sports and think it's important to their education as humans. They have to learn to play according to the rules, they have to learn to cooperate and get along with others and the physical activity is something they will need the rest of their lives.

BigJohn

Our son is 5 and already in his second season of tee-ball. He's now starting to talk about wanting to try peewee football this year as well. He's our only child and I feel like we're always running around. Hats off to you managing to keep up with three!