Getting rid of the dounuts

bighelp

Both those in the house and the ones around my waist. :D

Right now we are both trying to lose some weight that we managed to put on during a crazy time in our lives. I can not believe how easy it is to gain it but not to take it off. I hate the idea of fad diets too, what are others doing?

Phillie

Exercising! Get out there and get active. I find that exercise is the best way to lose weight - even more so than dieting. I hate to diet and I won't diet. I even hate the word!

Sinbian

Three things: to tone up you need the gym and weight, to lose fat you need cardio training (stationary bike or running) and for both you need proper diet (not starvation but programmed nutrition with specifically tweaked daily intake of nutrients).

Blended

Nothing replaces cardio training and food reduction for burning fat. That is why I recommend a lot of physical activity and calorie restricted (healthy) diet.

Cruise

Yeah, I agree with the others about exercising. Move your body, and you will be fine. Well, not that simple. :) Have you ever tried yoga? It's like a lazy way of losing weight.

bighelp

That is what we have been doing and so far so good. The issue I have with fad diets is that my niece, one of the youngest and most stubborn - well, shes an idiot. She is on some stupid diet that is like "don't eat for a few days", "eat a day", "don't eat". We are doing what works for us, but she is hurting herself doing this. If she did not live on the other side of the country I would be there in a minute kicking her behind.

Denny

No fad diet is going to work long term. Eat better and move more. It is hard, but it's so worth it in the long run. As far as working out, P90X is amazing!

Daddy_Dearest

I know about fad diets. We have lived them all at my house. We are now getting more active with the help of the kids. We have been losing slowly but surely.

bighelp

I have heard a little about the P90X but need to read up more about it. Pretty soon I will reach my 12lb mark and that will be awesome.

Dad2Be

I did P90X too. It is not for the faint of heart. That is a serious workout, but you do really see some great results. It's not really a beginner workout, I warn anyone interested in trying.