Getting Up Early

Victor

Do you ever get up earlier than usual, just so you can have time to yourself? Normally I don't, but I've been up early the last couple days and the time alone has been great. I'm awfully tired though.

Enrique

Yes, we could need some peace and quiet once in a while. I, too, don't normally get up early just to have alone time. My body clock is used to getting up early because of the responsibilities that need to be taken care of.

The next time you get up earlier than normal, maybe you could try doing some exercises or walking around, so you don't feel tired.

Timothy

I don't get up early for time to myself, however I do tend to stay up later than everyone else, and I do use that time "just for me". Sometimes I'll read a book or watch a movie, and occasionally I've been known to start a new puzzle late at night. ;~)

Regis

Working construction I'm up and out early every day, especially in summer. I do like the peace and quiet of the non-school mornings.

HappyDad

Several years ago I started to get up early so I could work out, shower and then head off to work. Now it's a habit and I really appreciate the quiet time that comes with being an early riser.

Andersson

I like the early mornings, today I have been up for over an hour and the house is quiet & peaceful. It is the calm before the storm as I used to call it when the kids still lived at home. :)

JRDeep

I got up early this morning, not on purpose though. I decided to go for a walk, seeing as it was supposed to be hotter than hell today(which it is) to gather thoughts and such.

meowcow

As much as I love mornings, I wouldn't do it personally. I love sleep a lot more than quiet alone time, and if ever I do need some I would probably just sleep a bit later than wake up earlier, because I really do abhor waking up earlier than I need to. I am able to wake up early sometimes unintentionally though and mornings truly are quite enjoyable especially at that time when everyone else is still asleep so it seems like the whole world is just so peaceful.

Miller

I'm very much a morning person, so I am often up way before anyone else in the house is awake. I like to go for a run, or work in peace on the computer or in my shop. If I cook, the smells wake them up, and they want me to wait on them.

Victor Leigh

Getting up early definitely is a good thing to do. Besides the usual things like having a workout, it gives you a head start on the day. The bonus is that it sets a great example for your children to follow. Plus if you are a single father, then breakfast would be on the table before your kids are out of bed.

joeldgreat

It's been more than 10 years now that I would set the alarm clock to 4am every weekdays in order for me to assure that I would be able to get-up early in the morning. It's because I'm the one who prepares my kids breakfast and had to packed my own meal going to work.

klarawoodenjr

Getting up early is mandatory especially during weekends since there is always work even taking care of the kids is a lot of time and effort. And I cook breakfast for the family so I waking up early is something I need to do.

micromachne

I get up around 5- 5:30am almost everyday. Even when I don't have to I end up waking up around those times. After a while, your body just trains itself to get up at a certain time out of habit.

joeldgreat

Way back in college, I would stay late at night and woke up late in the morning. Been living like that for my whole college years. I do even carried it several years after when I was starting for my job. But when I married and becomes a family man, everything turns around. I do still stay late at night but I assure that I would woke up around 4 or 5 in the morning to prepare for the family breakfast and begin taking care of the kids to go to school.

dreyz

I'm not an early riser on weekends. Occasionally I do only if I have a sports appointment with my colleagues.

Hedonologist

Sometimes I work later in the day, and sometimes I'm working from home, so either way I don't have to get up until around midday. Most usually I will wake up around then, but sometimes I get up early just for the freshness and change once in a while.

A nice stroll through the neighborhood at 6AM is just what I need sometimes :)

BigDaddy

I get up early for work as it is. I use my lunch break at work to get out and have some alone time. After work once a week I make a stop off and watch some sports, have a beer and just decompress a little. This is usually the day Im scheduled to get off early so it doesnt interfere with my family time.

R. Paradon

I usually get up early in the morning and go outside for a cup of coffee. There is nobody around except a few cats, birds and me. Very peaceful and I think I would miss this part of my life if I changed it.

Foster

I wish I could get up early to have time to myself but early for me would be the same time as the kids. If we do a full clean down at work it can be turned midnight when I get out of work so everyone is in bed when I get home. It's not planned but it does mean I get some time to relax on my own.

edvisual

Do you ever get up earlier than usual, just so you can have time to yourself? Normally I don't, but I've been up early the last couple days and the time alone has been great. I'm awfully tired though.
I love getting up really early in the morning, the time spent alone is very great and you get time to put your thoughts together. Although at the end of the day you are pretty much tired, the effort is worth it.