Girl, 15, shot her father with a hunting bow when he took her cell phone away (then r

jason

Administrator
Staff member
A father is in serious condition after his 15-year-old daughter shot him with a hunting bow after he grounded her and took her mobile phone away, police said.

Tony Iovinelli, from Tahuya, Washington, was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with an arrow sticking out of his torso after he was allegedly shot by his own daughter.

The single parent, 35, was forced to crawl to his truck and drive to a neighbour's house despite the arrow piercing his side after his daughter refused let him call 911.

Read more: [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1391131/Girl-15-shot-father-hunting-bow-took-cell-phone-away-refused-let-use-911.html#ixzz1Nayaa9EJ[/URL]

youngdad

I don't understand kids being that violent toward their parents for any reason (except possibly being badly abused in some way). There's something terribly wrong when a kid shoots an arrow into her dad. Not calling 911 or giving him the phone to make the call makes it even worse.

BobbiJ

OMG - that is crazy! Sounds like a kid gone wrong. I can't imagine my kids doing anything like this! They get grounded from time to time (when they are lippy) and thank God they never shot me with anything.

Davidson

I'm pretty much thinking he's lucky she didn't get her hands on a rifle, kids seem to be going nut's lately, or they just get better media coverage, one of the two.

Tony_The_Great

Goes to show you that we need to limit our kids usage of electronic gadgets. They are placing so much value on inanimate objects, and disregarding the value of family and more importantly life.

Blended

That dad will think twice about taking her phone again. :) I'm sorry for this joke but I had to do it since you all were so serious. Jokes aside, this is an awful event.

crowl

It is awful and you can bet my kids will not be wise enough to attempt something like that. Right now kids have so much more than we did, but to take it to this extreme is just insane. What the hell was she thinking? That is far more than an average tantrum.

Johnson

Part of the problem is that kids either see death so much they don't care or they see it on tv and don't realize how final it is. This goes so far beyond temper tantrum but it might really be that our kids are just that spoiled.

Bear

This is ridiculous. I hope they punish her to the full extent of the law and I hope parents show their kids what is happening to her. We can't let our kids think this kind of thing is acceptable behavior!

Jdrake

Wow, I am in shock after reading that! I guess this is one reason you should never have weapons, or anything like a weapon, available for a teenager to get their hands on.

2andalone

Wow, that's almost unbelievable. I can't believe that a child would use a weapon against her parent over a cell phone. It's just ridiculous. I wonder if this is a case of a child never being disciplined or something else. I hope the guy is okay.