Giving Up on Hockey

Timeless

We have always encouraged our children to play sports for both the social and health aspect of it. I'm a little disappointed and sad that my son no longer has an interest in playing hockey. He says it takes up too much of his time and just doesn't like it anymore. I will admit to enjoying watching the games and cheering the team on.

popsmcnitt

We have always encouraged our children to play sports for both the social and health aspect of it. I'm a little disappointed and sad that my son no longer has an interest in playing hockey. He says it takes up too much of his time and just doesn't like it anymore. I will admit to enjoying watching the games and cheering the team on.
My son plays hockey. We have to wake up at 5 AM each Saturday to get him to the local ice rink here in Buffalo, New York. That's how popular youth ice hockey is here. I'd do almost anything to get the kid to quit! The equipment and league dues are outrageously expensive. So, look at the bright side. You save money and sleep!

Timeless

That's true, popsmcnitt, we are saving money. I'm up early so the sleep thing doesn't really make a difference. I think it is more the social aspect that I miss.