Going Back After Vacation

Timothy

Am I the only one that absolutely HATES to go back to work after a long vacation? I got sick last Monday and came home early, then ended up missing Tuesday and Wednesday as well. We were closed on Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving, and then Saturday and Sunday are our normal days off, so I ended up with a full week's vacation. Now I'm dreading tomorrow morning!

Victor

I hated that feeling whenever I worked. The first day back is just awful. Actually I still dread my wife's first day back to work since then I don't have her company and help with the kids.

Of course, then the first day passes and we all survive. Then it doesn't seem as hard.

Andersson

I really doubt it. I know two people that went back to work this week after Thanksgiving only to have caught a bug during the holiday and now they are burning sick and vacation days because of it.

polamalu43

That sounds just like my wife's week last week! It was crazy. I hate going back to work after a vacation. Heck I hate going back after a long weekend! Some days I hate going to work at all.

Don

I sometimes think it is easier to not just take any time off. Every time I do, it seems like I spend the next two weeks trying to get caught up. It is almost not worth it.

Timothy

Don - I know what you mean. I work one of those jobs where no one subs for me while I'm out, so if I'm out for any length of time, I always come back to a mountainous pile of work on my desk. That first Monday back, I always regret being out!

Bearsfan

For me, the hardest thing is getting my sleep schedule back in order. For work, I'm up before dawn. Within 3 days of vacation starting, I am sleeping past 7 or 8 am and it's so hard to go back.

Lorenzo

I can relate, Bearsfan. My part-time job entails me to work at 3am. Before the Christmas holidays, I didn't have any issues with waking up earlier than that. After vacation, however, I came in to work late like two or three times in a row :(

Sinbian

Am I the only one that absolutely HATES to go back to work after a long vacation? I got sick last Monday and came home early, then ended up missing Tuesday and Wednesday as well. We were closed on Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving, and then Saturday and Sunday are our normal days off, so I ended up with a full week's vacation. Now I'm dreading tomorrow morning!
I hate that moment too. I am definitely going through a mini depression episode every time I have to go back to work after vacation.

Salazar

No, you're definitely not the only one. I was off for two weeks at Christmas and the day I had to go back was so depressing. It takes me a full week to get back into the swing of things after I've been off for a while.