Going camping.

Zimmer

I used to go a lot with my kids when they were young, but I see a lot of parents being overprotective, a friend of mine didn't even want to let his 10 year old son pitch a tent in the backyard. My questions is do you take your kids camping and if not what's the reason?

Matt

I have noticed the same thing. So many parents just don't trust anything or anyone. I don't understand it. Camping shouldn't become a thing of the past. It's so much fun

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter has gone on more hikes then I know what to do with. I had her in a baby backpack carrier before she was a year old. I have not taken her camping yet though, but we do spend time outdoors. She loves being outside too.

Zimmer

That's what I'm talking about, at the rate we are going at our grand kids might might have no idea what the outdoors even mean, don't get me wrong I love technology, but in my opinion every kids should go camping at least once a year and when they take the initiative it should be encouraged not stomped out.

CHenne

Of course I let my kids camp. There are many nights that they sleep out back in a tent. It's all part of growing up. We camp a lot together too as a family.