Grocery shopping madness

stayathomepaul

Now that I am a stay at home dad I have to do all of the grocery shopping. I have never had more respect for my wife. I had no idea grocery shopping for 5 would be so hard.

KSmith

I seldom have to go grocery shopping and it's not something that I enjoy. I've found that making a list helps and shopping at discount food stores like Aldi's and Save-A-Lot is easier on the budget. I'd be interested in any tips others might have to make that chore a little easier.

Jarred

The only tip I have is take your cell phone with you. I often do the shopping and I don't mind, but I end up calling my wife an average of five times per trip. I know it drives her crazy, but I struggle with brands and different choices.

Unclerob

Oh no! I don't envy you man! I feel sorry for you. I can't imagine doing it. I don't mind helping my wife (I am the kind that slips things in the cart that are NOT on the list), I woule not want to do it alone. Are you taking the kids with you?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I am banned from grocery shopping. The wife complains I go to quick. So the only time I go, is when I need something she "forgot" to pick up, or if something hits me on a whim.

benben

Haha, you got banned, that's funny because I am also banned. My wife thinks that I only get things I want and don't think about what the kids like... she is probably right.

Sampson

I'm ok going grocery shopping as long as I have a list from my wife. I do not stray from the list, no substitutions or omitions, and all is well when I go home. I strayed from the list once...never again.

Salazar

The wife and I go together and I get in trouble for walking too slow. She's like a madwoman on a mission in the store and I guess I just stroll along. If she does send my by myself, she writes out the list by aisle so I can't screw anything up, lol.