Gyms vs. Home Workouts

Paul1960

Do you workout regularly? If so, do you prefer to workout at the gym, or would you rather workout at home? We had a family gym membership for a couple years, but when the contract expired, we decided to create our own little "mini gym" at home. Now we just workout in our living room.

bighelp

I workout in the privacy of my own home which I like, no fees & no distractions. I am thankful that we have a spare room to put the equipment in too. It comes in handy, just my stuff and a radio for some back noise and I am set to go.

CHenne

I bet it's cheaper at home (once you buy the equipment). I actually prefer the gym though. They have way more equipment then I do at home. I can't afford to buy all of it either for my home.

Phillie

I would love to have a big gym at home! We have a lot of workout equipment and weights too. I would rather work out at home - much cheaper. I don't mind going to the gym with my son though.

LeonR

I work at home a lot, so I have a small workout area in an extra room of the house. We also have a pool, tennis court and basketball court in the neighborhood, so I try to do a range of activities there. Everything is within a block or two of the house, so I do get a workout 4-5 times weekly. I don't like having to go to a gym.

BoyOBoy

I don't do what most people call working out. I fish, hunt, trap and shoot and figure I get enough exercise. I'm probably wrong, but I don't care about having those beer can abs or whatever they call the things. Six pack abs -- that's the term. I do things the old-fashioned way.

Blended

I prefer to work out in a gym but I prefer to work out alone. This is not hard to explain but maybe hard to understand. I have my program and I don't want to wait on anyone so I work out alone but I like the environment of a gym and people, so...

chea

I workout at home. Really all you need is two dumbells and you can get a complete workout. I workout 4 days per week for an hour in front of the TV. That along with a good clean diet works great. Also, if you are trying to gain weight, as I have a fast metabolism, heavy weights and low reps is the way to go.

youngone

I have a garage gym. I have a power rack, an Olympic barbell with cast iron plates, a set of dumbbells and an incline/decline bench. I enjoy the freedom of a home gym, you can train when you want and how you want, plus it will save you lots of money in the long run.

Victor

I work out at a gym. I just can't get motivated at home and I prefer weight machines over free weights, so outfitting a home gym would be very expensive.

Andersson

I still do a few things around the house but nothing like I used to. The doctor said walking is just fine by him and I tend to hike sometimes too, nothing too hard though. :)

FrankSinatra

I'd rather work out at home any day. The gym is annoying and I don't want to be around people any more than I truly have to. I go home, do a workout, take a shower, and go about my night.

ProForums777

Is not good to workout at home, people tend to get lazy. The best workout always happens in the gym. I think that I'm going to start going to the gym, last time I was at the gym it was like 7 months ago, and I'm already building a belly.

Bearsfan

I would love to workout at home, but I just don't have the space for the equipment. I do basic exercises, sit-ups, push-ups and such at home. But, for weights and cardio machines I go to the gym.