Have your kids ever asked?

TJoel

Have your kids ever asked why you dad stay at home taking care of them and mom works to make a living, while all their friends' dads are the breadwinners in the family?

Len

No, because that's really not the case anymore. It's really not like it used to be, with fathers being the breadwinners. Now there are moms and dads working. Some children have 2 mothers working, or 1 mom at home and the other at work. Some children are in single parent homes and the mothers have no choice but to work. I don't think anybody really cares who the breadwinner is all that much anymore.

FatherYoung

I explained my children from an early age that daddies and mommies are considered equal in society, despite some people thinking that they aren't. I told them that daddy has agreed to do the house work, and mommy is a businesswoman who has to go to work. Luckily, they didn't talked about this at the kindergarten.

Mario

I agree with both comments above me. Our society today doesn't have gender roles anymore. Either parents can be the breadwinner of the home. Children shouldn't have the idea that only the mother should stay at home.

bighelp

Most of our parent friends always have the woman making more and the men seem fine with it. I think only when it shows negative by an adult, will a child pick up on it. :)