Having Another Girl

Victor

We had the gender scan and we are having another girl! We are happy about it but it gets a little annoying that everyone assumes I am upset about not having a son.

Alfy

I have to say that is a little old fashion. Men use to hope for a son to carry on the family name but I think our priorities have changed since then. We want healthy children whether a girl or a boy. We love both our children equally and we have a daughter and son. If we had two girls it would have been the same.

Victor

It is old-fashioned but I hear it from a lot of people. We have a very common last name so I'm not at all worried about the name dying out. Besides, the girls may opt to keep their names or not get married so why worry?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like a lot of people want one of each. I've seen more then one couple want to keep trying until they have a child of opposite sex from the previous children.

olderthandirt

Most guys want at least one son to follow in their footsteps, just as moms usually want a daughter. I wouldn't let comments annoy you - they mean well, even if they're off the mark.

Blue44

I always wanted a boy and a girl, in that order. My wife is more open minded about it and just wants healthy kids. We have three sons, but still wish we had at least one girl. There is still hope that we will have one, or maybe two. Don't get me wrong, boys are great and we have a lot of fun together. I think girls would be great also.