Homecoming present for wife and baby

NoobDad

After my wife has the baby I would like to have some kind of present ready for both her and the baby when they get home. What do you think would make a good homecoming present?

Clive

My wife loves fresh flowers, so I was thinking about getting different bouquets and putting them throughout the house. I hope she's happy with that because I really don't know what else to do.

ChristopherT

My sister arranged for one of those lawn storks to be waiting on our lawn for my daughter. It came with a pack of diapers and some chocolates. You can probably find an ad for one near you in those family local magazines.

Fatherof2

Well, for baby how about a stuffed animal or something. For your wife, if you want to get her something she will really appreciate how about a one day a week maid service to help around the house for the first month or so? You could also talk to her friends, and see if they would be willing to organize a few meals for you guys.

bighelp

A full day of you taking care of her needs while she can take care of the baby needs. Think food, laying clothes out for her shower, grabbing her slippers. Anything to make her first day back easier to slip into the schedule which will be insane for the first few months.

Glenn

All my wife wanted when our daughter was born was one of those balloon/teddy bear things they sell in the hospital gift shop. I made sure it was hanging on her door when she came back from surgery and she was thrilled.

I think anything you do to show her you're being considerate and thoughtful will make her happy.

saintsfan

With each baby I got my wife one of those birthstone baby shoe charms. She loved it and was really touched by the keepsake. The charms were engraved on the bottom with the baby's birth date. As the kids have gotten older I've purchased other charms that have meaning to her and she has a nice collection now. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

FatherYoung

When my wife came home with our first born, I purchased a huge bouquet of hydrangeas and tulips (her favorite flowers) and a platter full of assorted bite-sized vanilla cupcakes (which she loves). I also got our son a big stuffed polar bear toy... :p