How many times?

Wilbur

I know this is a personal question, but I figured I'd ask anyway. I have a buddy who is currently going through his third divorce and I'm having some trouble relating to him. I can see that all of his marriages had some pretty big problems and I don't blame him for getting out. I just don't understand how he keeps getting himself into these situations. Has anyone here been divorced more than once or twice?

the saint

I went through it once and I never want to go through it again. It's one hell of an emotional, and physical torture and a big financial drain.

Jack

I know folks who have. Once a definite pattern emerges, I think one of two things should happen: 1) learn that you really want to be single or 2) get help to figure out what keeps going wrong.

Manning

I know a woman who has been divorced at least 5 or 6 times. She's married now and it seems like it's the one that will last. Personally, I might try again after one divorce, maybe two, but after that, I'd remain single.

Richie

I also know a couple of people who have been married and divorced several times. I admire them for having made the commitment rather than just living together, but you do have to start looking at yourself more closely after even one divorce, definitely after two!