How to solve psychological problem in children?

sreekumar

You might have noticed one particular psychological problem with your child about which I discuss here. Just to cite one example, Your friends are on a visit to your home. There are so many friendly and serious matters to discuss. You indulge into it paying little attention to the child's presence. It is sure the child will make all hue and cry and catching attention motions so as to disturb you and your friends irritated. The more you get irritated and award punishment to him to suppress his misdemeanor in front of visitors the more aggressive your kid becomes. It is better you realize this problem and start adjusting to it by giving due attention to your little master before he gets arrogant. It is merely a simple thing which might have gone unnoticed. But for the role it pays to modify the character of children in early stage this piece of advice is very relevant.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Thank you, Screekumar. Yes, my wife and I have indeed noticed this specific behavior from our children whenever we have other people around. But while it is easier to "punish" them through reprimands or telling them to "get lost" while we entertain our guests, my wife and I actually put our children's needs first. Thankfully, our friends understand this and they just wait for us patiently while we tuck the kids to bed, for example, or do whatever it is the kids are requesting from us.

collin

Get things stright...

Your children should come first no matter what. To suggest that they should need to wait while you cavot with the friends is ludicrous. You make your children, then they should not be ignored just because some "outsiders" come into the picture for a few hours. Your children should always be a parent's prime focus, otherwise you are not being a true parent. I say the friends, if they are true friends, would understand completely whilst you arrange for the children whatever they need to make then content and happy. After all, isn't this what any good parent would want for their children?

Timothy

While I do think a child's needs should come first, I also think there's a difference between what a child NEEDS and what a child WANTS, and while a child almost always WANTS attention, he or she doesn't necessarily always NEED it. Remember, it's good for children to have time away from their parents, not only because they need to know how to interact with other children but also because they need to know how to entertain themselves - that teaches independence. It's also good for parents to have time alone with other adults. With that said, I think it's possible to satisfy your child's true NEEDS for attention BEFORE your adult friends come over, so that when your company arrives, you can enjoy some time away from your child, your child can enjoy some time away from you, and your friends can enjoy time with you, without a spoiled, attention-demanding child ruining everyone's evening.

joeldgreat

Before getting any help from the experts, why not evaluate yourself as a parent. Do we teach our kids to behave in front of other people. If yes, then the example you had describe should not be a problem. If not, then we can start teaching them now. One of the most basic things we parents should know is to teach our kids the "values formation" in the very early stage of our kids life. We may missed something, but its never too late to correct them. If all fails, then the experts will tell you what to do.

danvantari

Children in nature are very fragile. They should always protected in all circumstances. Showing your love, your attention, your support to them plays very important role in that relationship. So when they have problem, its easy for them to approach you, they feel they are protected and loved.