Huge debate on Facebook over story of police killing a 19-year-old

olderthandirt

A father called the cops on his son when his son took off with his truck, without permission, after getting mad at his dad for not buying him cigarettes. The guy ran from the cops, hitting other cars and endangering countless lives, and in the end, was killed by the police.

People I know on Facebook are ranting at each other over this today! I don't understand people feeling like the police murdered him or that they keep saying he was just a kid. Nineteen is a grown man, not a child, and he shouldn't have acted that way.

polamalu43

I did hear about this but I did not hear it quite this way. The dad called the cops to tell them that the son had stolen the truck. He was only trying to teach the son a lesson. He told the cops that his son was not armed. The cops found the kid, forced him to stop and then shot into the truck 6 times. I don't have a problem with the age of the kid (adult). I do have a problem with firing into the truck so many times. They were told he was not armed.

Andersson

I have not heard about this but from the sounds of it I don't see anything wrong with this. It is only because he was a teen? I don't understand, how could any adult be okay but as a teen there is an outrage?

Bear

With the article I read it sounds as though the cops were within their rights to shoot him. He should not have been driving so recklessly, and honestly I wonder if they are going to find out the kid was on drugs.

davie

I agree. If you take out the age factor, this is not much different from the woman that drove crazily through DC a while back. They finally shot and killed her because she was hitting people with her car. If the police thought that the man was using the truck to potentially kill someone, then they had every right.