I'll be a stay home dad soon

AlexT

Hi everyone,

I'll be leaving my day job next month because I'm just so tired of it. I've been in that job for the past 9 years and it's taken a huge toll on me.

I made this decision because I want to spend more time with my kids, but now I'm also feeling nervous because I'm not sure if I can make ends meet with my online income plus my wife's salary.

Any good ideas you can share with me?

Independent

There is defiantly a life style change that has to go along with it. Since you will be staying at home you will want to cook at home instead of going out and other things like that.

ChristopherT

You need to get hooked up with some of the work at home mother's blogs to try and pick up extra online jobs. I don't know what you're interested in but many of them have a variety of job leads.

CoolDad

Thanks for the tips, guys. Just knowing that there are many stay-at-home dads now that have managed to make things work gives me some reassurance.

Glenn

I give you credit for doing this and I think if you're really determined you will be able to make it work. What kind of online work did you find? Is it full time or part time? I know there are some very good online jobs out there for people with the right skills.

jimscharger

Good for you! I think it's fantastic you are taking the plunge. I would look over your budget for areas to cut back. We cut coupons, got rid of the cable premium packages and went with basic, I've become a real stickler for turning off lights and watching the thermostat to lower the electric bill...I've been surprised at how much I've saved doing little things.

MelvinB

AlexT, all the best to you and hope that things will work out for you. I know some friends who are making good money making custom Facebook pages for the local businesses. Maybe you can explore this business.

AlexT

Wow, really great advice you've all shared with me. I really want to do this and I'm determined to make it work. I'm good at writing so I'm starting by doing some article rewriting work. Internet marketers want to rewrite private label rights material all the time.

crowl

A friend of mine is doing similar but he still works in the same field, he is just moving to a home office setup instead. Working for the DOD as a security consultant I guess has its perks, plus he is happier at home with his kids.

Johnson

Working at home can be challenging and you may not want to take on too much when you first make the switch. There will definitely be an adjustment period.