Imaginary friends

Fatherof2

Did your kids have imaginary friends and if so at what age? My daughter will be three in January, and for the past few months she talks to her "friends". We always have to look for them...sometimes they are hiding under the bed, or outside.;)

Last edited:

SpeedyDad

With our first child, when she was about 2 or so she would talk to herself in the mirror. I don't know if that counts or not! But, she was convinced that she was talking to someone, and not just seeing her reflection in the mirror. It was adorable!

Andersson

I remember my parents telling me that I had some but I honestly do not have a clue, they could just be making up it to make me feel better. My nephew has a friend that he said hides in his closet when its off at school, its pretty cute and at least its better than the boogie man.

Sportsfanatic

I'm pretty sure almost everyone has had some imaginary friend at some time in their lives. I've seen a lot more mothers and grandmothers have more imaginary friends than anyone. They are always talking to themselves. Don't deny it. I know plenty including my own mother and grandmother.

Luke

My two year old has "friends" to. Picture that said with a long southern drawl. She always wants people to go with her to help her find her friends.

PatrickK

Yep, there are several imaginary friends hiding around our house. Sometimes it can be a bit creepy if you aren't expecting to hear the kids talking to their friends in the other room.

Michael

My daughter is in the third grade. She is an only child and has had lots of imaginary friends through the years. She's quite the little actress, too. We can tell exactly what she does in school each day by watching and listening to her play teacher to her friends.