Importance of family

Michael

My daughter was baptized today. I was thrilled when she asked afterwards if the entire family could go out to lunch together. We had planned to do this anyway, but it makes me so proud to know she loves her aunts, uncles and cousins. Best of all, they are there to share her special times.

Andersson

Did you decide to baptize late? Most that I know are babies when this happens. Of course it has been quite a long time since I have been to a baptism too.

Endalia

For Baptists and other denominations like this, the baptism is when the child or adult decides they are ready. For Catholics, I know the child is baptized when they are infants. It's just a different custom for both. No biggie.

polamalu43

Very nice indeed! My kids are very close to their cousins. I was brought up the same way. Congrats on the baptismal too. My kids were baptized as babies.

Don

It is nice that you have a close family. My wife's family lives nearby, but we aren't really close to them. Meanwhile, my relatives almost all live in other states.

Bearsfan

I'm happy to say that I see my sisters and their families quite often, almost every weekend in the summer. Growing up, I didn't really know my extended family, so it was always something I said that would be different when I grew up. So, I work hard to make it happen.

Fargon

Family ties are very important. I'm glad to hear that yours is close and that your daughter was baptized. The bonds that everyone shares their must be pretty strong.

Lorenzo

A child's baptism is always a special event in our family, too. We're Catholics and for Christenings, everyone in the family is expected to come and celebrate.

LeonR

All those family times add up over time and come to mean a great deal to the children, long after they've grown up and have families of their own. We watched a number of our family branches trying to continue traditions started by grandparents and great-grandparents years ago. I loved being able to remember how it was and to recognize subtle changes that kept the traditions intact.

Andersson

I think many people get too busy in life and sometimes forget what is important. It has happened in our family but we were quick to nip it in the bud. I think we need to remember those close to us not just when it is convenient or a holiday is approaching but everyday, then we know what we are really thankful for.

Sinbian

Remember that saying, you can't choose your family. Sometimes people are blessed with good families but sometimes they aren't. I know that I love my family and could not live without them.