In room for c-section?

Daniel

My wife had a c-section for our last baby and I opted to stay out of the operating room. We are thinking about having another child and it would likely be c-section again. Of course I want to support my wife but I'd really rather not be present while they are operating. Has anyone been there for a c-section? How was it?

Salazar

I was in the room for my wife's c-section and it's no big deal. I'm surprised your wife was okay with you not being there. Mine would have flipped her lid if I wasn't there. You can't see anything. They put up one of those curtains across her chest and you sit by her head and hold her hand.

Gary

It was exactly as Salazar explained. They also brought me in after they had already begun the surgery. They were careful to usher me to the head of the bed so I didn't see what was going on behind the curtain.

Paranoid

I've never been in the room for a C-section but from what I've heard, it's just like the others described. You aren't going to see anything if you don't make an effort to. I understand that might still make you nervous though. If you think you can't handle it then make sure you do what you're comfortable with or you might cause more trouble than good.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The biggest shock was seeing her arms tied down. Like Salazar said, there is a curtain so you cannot see. They did say I can stand up and take a picture at one point, but to be honest, I didn't want to see, so the picture did not come out great.

Also since I've never been there for a birth, and all the movies show the baby screaming right away, I was starting to get worried when he was quite for a few minutes. But it was great to hold him so soon.