Interview tomorrow!

Bear

A lot of the regulars here know that I was laid off back in May and that I went to culinary school. I am not done with my degree, but I have an interview tomorrow at an actual restaurant for a linecook position. I found out Monday that my unemployment will run out next week (thanks Senators for not being able to sign a budget bill), and I am really hoping that this works out. I need something quick!

polamalu43

Sending you luck! I'm sure you will get it, you have experience and schooling. Perhaps you can work and finish the degree at the same time. I am wishing you tons of luck! Be sure to tell us how you make out.

CHenne

Awesome news! It is great when you can land a job in the field you want to work in. It would be great if you got it. When will you find out? Sending good luck vibes your way!

Timothy

Bear - Good luck with the interview! I'm sending some good karma your way, and I hope everything works out for you and your family. Maybe you can even get some extra credit at school for having a job in the field! ;)

Bear

Well guys, the interview didn't happen. :( I went in and the guy I was supposed to interview with said they were just "way too busy" and to call back on Christmas Eve to re-schedule. To be honest I was pretty ticked because it was the Saturday before Christmas, traffic was horrendous, and it was a 50 mile round trip when I didn't have the gas. I will call back tomorrow and see what they say though.

Timothy

Wow. I know things happen sometimes that are out of our control, and that could have been the case with the person you were supposed to interview with, but I still think it was incredibly rude and unprofessional of them to schedule you for an interview and then wait until you'd arrived to cancel it. It seems to me like they could have called you earlier in the day to let you know what was going on. I'm still sending good karma your way and like I said before, I hope everything works out.

Fargon

Hopefully you'll be getting a good Christmas present this year? I can't think of a better gift than a job. Let us know how it went, good luck and Merry Christmas.

Bear

I have the interview re-scheduled for Friday afternoon so I hope it actually happens this time. Traffic in that area on a Friday before a holiday is going to stink so I will be super mad if they put it off again! Thanks for the good luck and well wishes though. :)

LeonR

How did your interview go? We've been cheering for you. Being in the position of interviewing for a job is always a difficult one. especially when you need it at the time. I hope things are looking up.

Bear

Hey Guys! I did have the interview on that Friday and it went well. I was supposed to have a follow-up interview with the actual manager who was supposedly "going to hire me", but later I got a call that the position had been filled. :( I guess that job just wasn't meant to be. At least I can reapply for unemployment now that they signed a budget bill so maybe we won't starve or freeze to death while the search continues.

polamalu43

Wow, that really stinks! It wasn't meant to be. I saw the Government just signed the fiscal cliff bill and they extended unemployment benefits. That is great news for many people! Don't give up hope in your job search!

Timothy

Bear - I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the position, but like you said, obviously it wasn't meant to be. Keep your head up and keep looking. There's a job out there somewhere with your name on it!