Intimacy Issues

Ronald

Long story short, my wife craves physical intimacy more frequently than I do. (I'm almost 10 years older than she is.) I love her and I'm definitely attracted to her, but whenever I say "not tonight", she always takes it personally and becomes very upset. I'm afraid if this continues, it's going to ruin our marriage. What's the best way to handle this?

bighelp

Have you talked to her about the age difference and see what she thinks about that? I remember years before I was married I dated someone and we had a 9 year age difference, we never once thought about it back then. Now of course it would be a different story all together so I fully understand where you are coming from.

Sinbian

Or you would be the first men ever to refuse a woman for sex. Of course, I'm joking about this. I think that key lies in the communication. Try putting more effort in the explanation and preferably add more detail why you're not up to it. Women, at least in my experience, appreciate that.

Jonathan

Yeah in this case, communication is key. Nobody (men or women) would be happy with being refused for sex. If it happened to them, they would want to know why.