Jealous?

dirtyharry

My Ex is dating a guy I used to work with. He's a nice guy, good head on his shoulders, and he's a good father to his 2 boys. I should be happy for her right? Well, I'm not. I've been in a bad mood since I found out. This isn't the first guy she's dated, and before it didn't bother me...even when a mutual friend took her out to dinner. I'm actually a little jealous this time and I'm not sure why.

Salazar

Could it be you're jealous because this guy is actually a good fit for her? Maybe you knew the others weren't going to get anywhere so it didn't bother you. How long have you guys been divorced? I think it's pretty normal to feel some jealousy for a while after a break up, even if you know the break up was the right thing for you.

dirtyharry

I think you might be right. It's just so odd seeing her with someone else, even though she and I are not right for each other. I think maybe I'm more jealous that he is such a good fit when I wasn't. It's almost like I failed her and myself. She thinks I'm being a dork (her words) and maybe she's right. :D

Salazar

You didn't fail. At least not you and you alone. It takes two to tango and I'm sure she had her part in the divorce.

Have you started moving on and dating yet? If not, you may care a lot less what she's up to when you do.

benben

The fact that you are close to him in a professional way could be the problem. When your personal world and professional world can mix it can cause all kinds of problems.

dirtyharry

Salazar I am dating, I just haven't met anyone serious yet. Maybe you are right, Ben Ben...it is different when you work with someone. There is a kind of code I guess that says you stay away from another guys girl, even an Ex. I'm feeling better about it. It's good that my ex and I can talk about this stuff. We are still friends and I value her opinion...even when she's calling me a dork. ;)

Regis

Maybe you're thinking that they were thinking of each other when you were together. Plus it's easier to picture them out since you know both of them.