Joining a group

Justadad

When I was first divorced, my daughters were teenagers and I had forgotten how to meet women! I joined a group for single parents where we met and socialized as a group, taking it further only if we hit it off with anyone. Anyone else done this?

polamalu43

I am not a single dad but it sounds like a great idea. It is really hard these days to find someone to spend time with. I have 2 friends that are recently divorced and I hear their horror stories. Have you met anyone through the group yet that you found a connection with?

Lorenzo

You don't mean an online group, do you? I am not divorced, but one of my friends is and he's a member of an online dating site. I'm not sure if there are "offline" groups for newly-divorced men in our area, but I think it could be much better than the online version. You never know how many fakes you meet online. Face-to-face conversations are always the best option, in my opinion.

Justadad

It wasn't an online group, we used to meet up in various places, like the local pool club, the bowling club and the pub, and just chat. I did meet a woman, yes, and we are still together some years later. ;)