Joining the Service ?

BigDaddy

I dont think I would. I was not in the service but have many friends and relatives that are and were. If you plan to have a family it is not fair to them. Ive experienced the pain and heartache of children firsthand. There is such a roller coaster of emotions with each deployment. I think that if my children choose to commit to a military career then I would suggest maybe putting the thought of a family on the back burner.

FrankSinatra

I would be scared crapless to have my children join the military, but at the same time I would be so proud of them for making the effort to join and fight for our country. I would request that they do not get involved in something like infantry though.

tommymac

Encouraging your children to join the service is a mistake. It's not for everyone. It's best if they come to the decision on their own. And, if they do decide to enlist, make sure you support them.

BigDaddy

Encouraging your children to join the service is a mistake. It's not for everyone. It's best if they come to the decision on their own. And, if they do decide to enlist, make sure you support them.
Yes, if they do make the decision of their own free will then I will support them 100%. But I will not like it at all.

Bear

I would never ever encourage my children to join the military in any capacity. If it was something they really had to do I would support their decision, but like BigDaddy I wouldn't like it for a second.