Just Got Some News...

Timothy

My wife spent some time with her mother's side of the family over this past weekend and found out that, unbeknownst to us, twins run in the family. My wife wanted twins before our son was born and now it's all she's talking about! :eek:

polamalu43

Why didn't she know that twins ran in the family? Twins run in my family too but we did not have twins. I wanted them too. Twins are great! I have a cousin who had twins (boy and girl). They are really protective over each other.

Fargon

Sometimes these genetic things skip a generation. You should keep that in mind. None of my family has twins but I think it would be special. Twins seem to have a bond that add something extra to the family unit.

LeonR

I've heard that twins do skip a generation sometimes. My mother was a twin. My mother's sister had two sets of twins. As far as I know, none of the next generation back had twins, and neither have any of my own generation within the very large family.

Timothy

Why didn't she know that twins ran in the family?
I don't know honestly. I guess part of it is because twins run in her mother's side of the family and she isn't very close with them. I guess it just didn't come up in conversation until recently. I know she was very surprised to learn how many sets of twins are in her mother's side of the family.

Bearsfan

I'm happy (and relieved) to say that twins do not run in either side of our family. I think having one at a time is a workout, I couldn't imagine having 2 little babies at the same time.

SingleDadNow

You can feel good that even though she's talking about it, she doesn't really have any control over whether you have twins or not. I would rather know about it, so I can be prepared that we just might have twins, too, and plan accordingly, than be caught completely off guard.