Kids movies are actually enjoyable.

Zimmer

My wife and I were out enjoying date night couple of weeks ago and we decided to see a movie. We settled on The Croods, strangely enough it was one the best movie going experiences I had in a while. It was fun to take a break from all the nihilistic, self obsessed movies that usually play at the cinema.

polamalu43

You went to see a movie made for kids when it was just the two of you. That is great! I haven't seen it yet and don't know if I am planning on it. There are many great "adult" movies out there right now.

olderthandirt

I haven't seen The Croods. It doesn't sound like something that would appeal to me. However, I truly enjoy all the Pixar movies like 'Finding Nemo' and 'Shrek'. I normally wait for the DVDs, though, as my girls told me they're too old to be seen going to 'kiddie' movies with their dad.

Chrisitan

I have always liked to watch the kids movies with them. Honestly, I don't even mind watching the "princess" movies with my daughter. They are easy to watch, you don't have to think and you don't have to worry about what's said on the screen in front of the kids.

BigPapa

I was just thinking about this the other day because the wife and I actually enjoy kids movies even when my daughter isn't here to watch them with us. We watched Tangled last night and we all laughed.

Zimmer

We're planning to do this more often actually. It's hard sometimes to decide on a movie which both of us like. We usually settle on comedies, but it seems like the ones intended for more mature audiences derive most of their comic appeal from foul language.

Andersson

We have caught a few of the newer movies on Netflix for when the grand babies come over and I am surprised how good they have become. Most I can still watch without my glasses on, the picture quality is great and the story line is even better than the ones I remember with my kids.