Kitties & windows

Andersson

Our little gal can not stand it if we block a window in the house. She never tears at the curtains but she will get baffled by blinds and attempt to get through to the sill so she can look out. Do we have other cat owners that have window stalkers too?

Bearsfan

My sister has 2 cats and they often can be found perched on the sill during the day. I think they just like the sun coming through the windows. If you have blinds, I would suggest keeping one up a few inches to make them happy.

Andersson

We started doing that after the younger of the two ended up biting part of the blind off so she could look out and watch the birds in the yard. I have thought about getting one of those window perches, are they any good?

polamalu43

My two cats are the same. We learned the expensive way (replacing the broken blinds). It is the first thing I do in the morning now (open blinds). We even built a window seat for our big kitchen window that is big enough for both cats to sit on.

Salazar

We don't have any blinds, but I'm sure if we did our cat would destroy them trying to get to the window. He's always in a window, especially in the summer when they're open and he can bird watch.

Victor

Our cat nudges the blinds aside all the time so she can bask in the sun. I have considered one of those window perches because they do seem nice, but the cat seems happy enough on the sill, so I haven't bothered.

Andersson

I caved and gave them their own window, it is in the den here with the computer so at least they can both have their own window. I am surprised but creeping the blinds up seemed to help for a bit, then the other day the older cat took the entire curtain down. I have no idea what is going on with her lately.

John

My sister used to have a Persian cat who spent most of the day curled up in the window sill beside my mom's jade plant. One of my fondest memories of being at home was that visual. That's been at least 25 years now.