"Like" and get something

Andersson

I am sure others have seen this on the websites before. Kids holding a picture with a sign if they get a ton of people to like the image their parents will buy them a puppy. What does everyone think of this?

BigPapa

I think it is a shameful way of getting what you want to be honest. What happened to kids actually working to get something they wanted? At the very least they should be showing that they were responsible enough to take care of the puppy.

polamalu43

I don't even pay attention to it. I just keep on scrolling down. I wouldn't let my kids do it ever. I think all of this Facebook junk is just that - junk at times.

CHenne

I hate it to be honest. If I get 1,000,000,000 likes my dad will buy me a puppy. I say show your dad you can take care of that puppy. Get a job to buy the puppy food and then get a puppy.

Victor

I ignore posts like that. I really don't care if some random kid gets a puppy or whatever it is they are asking for, so I just keep scrolling.

Andersson

It seems to be the next big thing for some people, I see this all of the time. I have started to just use it to visit an individuals page rather than using the list feature. Too much junk and a great deal of time wasted sorting through it all.

olderthandirt

I ignore stuff like that. It's very unlikely that it's true, unless there are some very strange parents out there. Well, of course, there really are some strange parents out there but I doubt there are too many who worry about their kids getting likes on Facebook. I think it's just a bid for attention and plain silly.

Alfy

Why would a parent get the child a puppy for having 1,000,000 likes on Facebook? That doesn't make sense unless the parent doesn't know Facebook. I remember my children wanting a puppy. It was after our old dog died and I really wasn't ready for a new dog. They promised to care for it and take it for exercise. They didn't and guess who cares for it now. I should have had them show me that they were responsible enough to take care of it.