Lincoln Logs at 2?

Victor

Do you think Lincoln Logs are safe for 2 year olds? I think they would be, since they are so big. We're considering getting them for our youngest daughter but the minimum age is 3. Are there smaller parts I don't remember?

On The Mark

It'd been so long since I've seen any, I can't really remember. If the parts connect with each other there wouldn't be any smaller parts I would think. If you get them, just be there with her at all times.

BigPapa

Unless your daughter is and eater, I would not worry about it. My daughter has had them in her toy box since she was younger than that. My mom found them at a yard sale and "had" to buy them. Just keep an eye on here when she plays with them.

olderthandirt

Yes, there are some smaller parts, plus some that are really thin. The concerns are putting them in the mouth or running with the pieces. I think it's safer to pay attention to the age recommendations than to ignore them.

polamalu43

Are you buying the real Lincoln Logs? I would think they would be okay for a two year old. You can always buy them and take the small ones out before giving them to her.