Lochte versus Phelps

polamalu43

By now I'm sure most people have read or seen that Phelps won Gold in the 200m IM! Lochte took Silver! I can't tell you how happy I am that Phelps won! He is not a washed-up has been. I keep hearing this at work.

BigPapa

He is definitely no washed up has been. Even had he won silver he is still a phenomenal athlete. I would like to see some of your co-workers pull off a silver or even a bronze at the Olympic level. I doubt they could.

micromachne

I'm happy Phelps one too. And I don't like how the coach is trying to make Lochte out to be better than Phelps. Him doing that cost U.S. the Gold in that relay race when Lochte blew that OMEGA sized lead.

Michael

Lochte has plenty more great years ahead of him. I'll enjoy watching him rise to even greater heights, just as I love watching Phelps do everything he does. Bringing home the amount of gold he has done is one of life's great moments.

JRDeep

Anything thinking Phelps has to dominate and match his number of gold metals from the last Olympics to be considered a success, probably got dropped on their heads at an early age. It's ridiculous to think he'd replicate his efforts. Breaking the metal record was inevitable. He isn't at all a 'has been.'

It has been done. The guy is amazing.

micromachne

Lochte has plenty more great years ahead of him. I'll enjoy watching him rise to even greater heights, just as I love watching Phelps do everything he does. Bringing home the amount of gold he has done is one of life's great moments.
I agree, Lochte's time will come, but not now. That's why I'm annoyed with team U.S.A's coach. He tried to force Lochte's time to be now by putting him in a relay he was ill prepared for. That's why they still lost even with the huge lead his teammates gave him.

polamalu43

Lochte is actually a year older than Phelps. Lochte did say that he was going to Rio - he will be 32 for Rio. I do think that Lochte is an amazing athlete too, but I hated all the hype of Lochte versus Phelps. Phelps finished last night with 22 medals! 18 Gold, 2 Silver and 2 Bronze! Amazing.

newguy

Phelps is a phenomenal athlete, there is no doubt about that. Lochte is also a phenomenal athlete. They each are the greatest in their own ways. I think Lochte is the greatest as far as attitude goes but if he had all the press time that Phelps had that could be different. Living in Baltimore and knowing people who have run into Phelps...he doesn't have the greatest attitude towards those he believes are beneath him (those in the service industry)

micromachne

Phelps is a phenomenal athlete, there is no doubt about that. Lochte is also a phenomenal athlete. They each are the greatest in their own ways. I think Lochte is the greatest as far as attitude goes but if he had all the press time that Phelps had that could be different. Living in Baltimore and knowing people who have run into Phelps...he doesn't have the greatest attitude towards those he believes are beneath him (those in the service industry)

There's no such thing as being the greatest due to a person's attitude lol. You become the "greatest" of anything based on your merits. Not on the kind of person you are.