Long Hair?

Blended

I know this is mother's corner but I wanted to ask this anyway. My wife always had short and semi-long hair. While we get along really well and she fulfills a lot of my wishes she never grew her hair long. I know it's silly, but I think she would look better with it. She says that it won't look good on her because she has weak hair, which is slightly true. :) But I really want to see her in this edition at least once. Girls, am I crazy and too demanding?

Pascallist

I am not a mom, let alone a girl, but I think it is not too much to ask your wife to keep her hair a bit longer than she usually does. Though, men (we) should understand that for women, sometimes long hair is more of a hassle than a blessing.

Restless

Usually I like longer hair on women but I never interfere on these issues with my wife because she doesn't take much of my opinions regarding her look into account. :)

Howard

Long hair can be really hard to take care of. I would trust your wife on this one since she knows a lot about what she can and can't get her hair to do.

Bonzay

Well, some women proved that short hair is definitely as attractive as long hair. Although, you do need to have symmetrically shaped skull for this, especially women. Some women can even pull bald.

Michael

Blended, many of those women on television with long hair have all sorts of wigs, hair extensions and hairdresser staff that would bleed the bank account dry in nothing short. Pay for a good set of hair extensions once, and you'll be begging her to go back to her own regular hair length.

Kost

I have heard the longer the hair the more of a strain it puts the person's neck, a friend of mine was telling me this when she chopped her hair down. It was well below her waist when it happened and it might depend on the thickness too.

TJoel

I have heard the longer the hair the more of a strain it puts the person's neck, a friend of mine was telling me this when she chopped her hair down. It was well below her waist when it happened and it might depend on the thickness too.
Interesting. I didn't know that hair can be that heavy - the strain is because of the weight of the hair, right?

Anyway, I agree that women with short hair can be so attractive as long haired women.

Babar

While some women can pull off short styles and actually look better in them, long hair is undeniably feminine. Boyish haircuts should be reserved for old women, not just because a chick is lazy.

Salazar

My wife has insanely long hair (down to her butt) and I love it. She said something recently about cutting it and I was not happy about it. I think she changed her mind though, thank goodness.

I can tell you from watching what my wife goes through, long hair is a lot of work. Maybe you could ask your wife to just give growing it out a try and if it gets to be too much of a hassle she can always cut it.

Don

If your wife doesn't think she would look good with long hair, then I would trust her judgment. You don't want her self-confidence taking a nose dive just to make you happy.

Bear

My wife had long hair, and I mean like down to her waist, for the entire time we were dating. I was devastated when she cut it before our first child was born. I didn't tell her at the time, but I did let her know (after it had mostly grown back) that I preferred it long. I think honesty is the best policy, but you should respect her feeling too. Maybe you guys can meet in the middle! :)

flfsurveyor

Let me ask you, would you wear your hair in any particular style because your wife asked you to? If you can't, then it would be unfair for you to expect your wife to so the same. Let the women wear their hair in whatever way its comfortable for them. Am sure you did not choose your spouse on account of her hair style.

joeldgreat

My wife said that her hair is short before we get married. She said that she wanted to have a long hair but it keeps on damage especially split ends. So she never grew it back and learn to hate having long hair. But when we got married, I told her that she will look more beautiful and started growing them again. Of course she already had all the budget for the hair spa ever now and then to keep it free from damage. And now, she wouldn't want to have her hair cut again.

BigDaddy

Wife here: I think it is normal for husbands to want their wife to have long hair. It looks youthful and seductive. I see no harm in asking but if shes not into long hair then dont push the issue.

writer811

Well, my partner always tries to get me to try different hairstyles and while I don't mind, it is kind of annoying when they keep insisting and insisting, especially after you've already said no several. It's not unreasonable to want to see what your partner's hair looks like in different styles but don't make it into a big deal. It's not worth any strain that it could put on your relationship.