Man flu.

Justadad

I don't know about you, but every time I have a bad cold (like now!) my wife complains that it's man flu and refuses to believe that I feel as bad as I do. She maintains that women are better at handling most illnesses, including colds and 'flu. Do you agree?:p

Andersson

I know many ladies out there who joke about this but you know as much as I hate to admit it, it is true for some of us. I have seen my lady at her worst and most women I know push through being sick far longer than men I know do (including me).

Victor

I think this varies from couple to couple. I think I push through colds pretty well and my wife doesn't give me too much guff. A friend of mine, however, whines through every cold while his wife barely slows down when she's sick.

Zimmer

Women have brains that are wired to have a higher pain threshold, this however does not mean they complain any less. For example, unless my temperature reaches 102 I will not waste my day staying in bed. In comparison, my wife has to lay down whenever she gets a migraine.

Salazar

I just got back from the doctor where I was diagnosed with the (man) flu. The doctor told me to stay in bed for three days. That's where I am now and that's where I'm going to stay.

On the subject of men versus women when it comes to this stuff, I think my wife and I are about the same. We rarely get sick, so when we do, it's a nightmare. Neither one of us handles it well.

Andersson

Having one down for the count is bad, having two is even worse. For us we have both always had odd thresholds and it really depends. For her sinus issues are bad, for me I can handle them. Then again when I get the flu I revert into a child and unless she has something like pneumonia she will just keep going.

Bearsfan

I like the term "man flu" better than what I have been called on occassion, which was a "big baby". My wife is pretty good about letting me go into isolation when I'm sick with a virus, mainly because she doesn't want me spreading whatever I have to the kids. I try to carry the load a little more when I know she's not feeling well, but I know she feels miserable if she actually complains.

polamalu43

Oh come on... we know that women do handle being sick better than we do. I whine like a baby! She had a baby! I think the difference is that she is sick way more often than I am. When I get sick I have to milk it since I don't get sick often.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about you, but every time I have a bad cold (like now!) my wife complains that it's man flu and refuses to believe that I feel as bad as I do. She maintains that women are better at handling most illnesses, including colds and 'flu. Do you agree?:p
Nope. But I'm the stubborn one who will not rest when sick. She made the nurses remove me from her recovery room when we had our middle child, as I refused to go to the emergency room with kidney stones. Wish I could have held out longer as by the time I got there and got checked in I passed them.

The wife will sleep through her monthly or any other signs of sickness.

BigPapa

Women have brains that are wired to have a higher pain threshold, this however does not mean they complain any less. For example, unless my temperature reaches 102 I will not waste my day staying in bed. In comparison, my wife has to lay down whenever she gets a migraine.
In all fairness to your wife, I get migraines and they are a sickness that is incomparable to anything else. If I have one I need to be flat on my back in a darkened room with no noise. On the other hand, if it's just a cold then I can push through.

John

My wife teases me all the time telling me I'm a baby when I get sick. In a way, I am. I enjoy being waited on when I'm really down. By the same token, I do a lot of babying for her, too, when she's not feeling up to par. It goes both ways.