Married men living longer?

Cruise

I just read about some research revealing that married men seem to live longer and be happier than single men. I believe it applies to you all dads. :)

Kyle31

I can see that. Since getting married I take care of myself better, plus I have my wife watching out for me. When I was single I really cared much less.

Bear

That's what I was going to say Kyle it makes perfect sense because you have someone looking out for your best interests and a companion for life!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I remember reading if you marry a woman younger then you, you live longer, according to studies. Not sure if it is true or not, but my wife is a bit younger then me.

Cruise

Interesting Jason. I have never heard of that, but I think it makes sense. If you are always in contact with a younger woman, there is chance you will feel younger than you really are. It's good for your health.

McGregor

It reminds me of a joke about married men. Married men live longer than single men, but they're a lot more willing to die. Well for us, of course it's not the case. :D

Independent

I have heard that married men live longer too. Too bad I am single now, I guess that means I am doomed! Oh well, more reason to find the right woman for me.

Clive

I remember reading if you marry a woman younger then you, you live longer, according to studies. Not sure if it is true or not, but my wife is a bit younger then me.
I'll have to pass that information along to my dad. He is 73 and married to a woman 20 years younger than him. Her only redeeming quality may turn out to be that she helps him live longer.

stayathomepaul

I think the whole reason a man lives longer is because having a wife means having someone to remind you to take vitamins, eat right and exercise. My wife always reminds me to go to the doctor and dentist and is the reason I do not put health concerns off.

Blended

My wife is just a year younger than me so I don't think this applies to as much as it would if she was a lot younger. :) But I do think marriage does good to me.

crowl

I love reading up on studies like this and I guess that makes me a nerd but if so I am okay with it since I married younger too. For some reason I have noticed that most couples like us (younger female) they are always happier, when its the other way around the couples tend to fight and bicker more.