More Quakes?

Aiden

I heard there were some more earthquakes that happened in Japan or something like that. Is that true? I think it's so upsetting, when are these poor people going to get a break? I don't get it!

danno

Japan has had more than it's fair share of disaster lately. There was another big quake yesterday and the threat from the nuclear accident has been raised to the highest level according to the media. Other quakes, floods and typhoons have been happening in the rest of the world too.

bighelp

Fair share is putting it lightly, I am not even sure anyone world wide thought any place could have such issues back to back like this. I am even surprised that the media is not running more with the stories than we see now.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
After the big earthquake in Alaska they had aftershocks for almost a year. I'm sure Japan is going to have a lot of activity over the next few months.

Howard

Aftershocks after a big earthquake are the norm and so it is to be expected. It doesn't make it any less nerve-wracking if you've ever experienced it though.

Aiden

Oh man! :( I can't believe they have to deal with this for a year. I think they've been through far more than what they deserve to. I wish there was something we could do to stop this terror.

Mark

That's so sad! Earthquakes really freak me out. I have only been through one that I can remember and it was so scary. I was in school. I think I was in about 6th grade or so.

GC856723

I don't know what Japan must've done to karmically "deserve" all of this from Mother Nature, but I really do hope they can catch a breather. A friend of mine was attending school in Tokyo, which if I remember wasn't too badly harmed from the recent tsunami, but still. He wasn't too keen with everything that was going on and felt it was better to err on the side of caution and come back to the states.

Regardless, I just hope it's over.