Mother's Day?

Jonathan

Time goes fast. Mother's Day is only less than a month to go. What do you plan to gift your wife on the day? Have you even planned it?

Babar

I'm kind of a procrastinator when it comes to that. I don't like doing the same cliche thing year after year, so typically I'll search the 'Net at the last minute for creative/romantic ideas.

CHenne

It's too early to plan. My wife likes to go to brunch and then we spend the day doing what she wants to do. It is usually weeding flowerbeds and planting flowers. She loves the help and we can't complain because it's her day!

Andersson

Anything she desires, unless its a new husband. I have a few tricks up my sleeve but I have not set anything in stone yet, hopefully before the end of this week I will have a magical day planned for her.

Timothy

I haven't made any Mother's Day plans yet. Like Babar, I'm somewhat of a procrastinator where holidays are concerned. I have some time off built up though, so I might take her on a short weekend getaway for the two of us. Here lately, she's been talking about renting a cabin in the mountains with a hot tub, so if we can afford it, I'll probably just book one for the two of us.

Bear

I am helping the kids make some garden stones with their handprints in them. Other than that I am not sure what else I will get her. She hasn't really dropped any hints yet.

Jonathan

Well, I am glad I am not alone here. Being of I am of the last-minute type of person, I haven't planned anything for Mother's Day yet. I oddly believe that the later I make a decision, the better the decision will be.

meowcow

It's a little too early to plan for me, but I have been thinking about what to get for the mothers in my life. I've thought about treating them all out to a nice family outing but that costs a bit of money so I have started to sign up for online programs to earn myself some extra spending money. Hopefully by the time the day gets close I would have put together enough. :)

Don

It may not sound like a good plan, but this is what we have done the last couple of years and it works for us. On Saturday, I will take the kids to Home Depot and we will pick out some flowers for my wife's garden. This is my son and daughter's gift from her.

On Sunday afternoon we all go out to eat for lunch. Sunday night I will make dinner and we all give my wife cards. That's about it.

Lorenzo

My wife has been asking for a "day-off" and that's what the kids and I have been planning to give her come Mother's Day :D We plan to pamper her with back rubs and whole body massages (whatever she prefers), homemade meals from breakfast until dinner, do the household chores for her and give her time to do her readings or whatever she feels like doing. I'm pretty sure it would truly make her day :)

Timothy

At first, I was going to book a getaway, like I mentioned earlier. Now that Mother's Day has arrived, though, we don't have the cash to spare. :(

Since we are tight on money right now, my wife said she didn't want any flowers, jewelry, or other gifts. This year, she said she just wanted me grill her a steak, so that's exactly what I'll be doing! I'm also going to cook steak for my mom and mother-in-law, and probably my sister as well, so we'll be having a full-on cookout!

Bear

I had really wanted to do something super nice for my wife on Mother's day...after all last year for Father's day she bought me a Glock! However, with the current situation there is no money to spare...in fact there is no money at all! :) I helped the kids make her some cards, and I am going to let her sleep in and suprise her with breakfast when she wakes up.