Movies

Jeff

How old were your kids when you first took them to the movies? My sister is taking her 2 year old this weekend. I think this is a little young to expect them to watch a movie in a theater.

DriverDan

We first tried at 3 years and it not go well. Our son made it through the first hour before he started getting antsy. He got much better at 4 years. With the cost of going to the movies, I would wait until the kids are older.

Matt

I really think it depends on the child. For some, they just don't have the patience to sit down and watch. Others, however, can sit through it, keep quiet and enjoy themselves. It's really up to the parents to figure that out.

Johnny

I think it should be fine. My children went to the movies when there were even younger. It all depends on how well they listen and if you pick a movie that they'll like.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I have yet to take my daughter and she is 2.5 years old. I have had friends who have taking their child who was under 2 years old to a movie. The child did not sit still for very long if I remember correctly.

Sampson

My girls were 3 and 4 and fine, but my son was 6 before he was able to make it through a whole movie. He was just to active and his attention span was short. It wasn't worth the stress or getting upset trying to make him do something he wasn't ready for.